When remodeling any room in your home, it helps to know where you should invest and select more expensive items and where it is ok to choose cheaper options. This is particularly true in your bathroom, as it will be one of the most used rooms in your home. Knowing where you should direct your money during a bathroom remodel is essential to be sure you love the final product, and it functions beautifully.
These five things are some of the most important things to be sure you get right in your bathroom, so choose quality items over cheap:
- Accent Tile – The tile you use for your floor can be a more neutral and muted tone, but opting to put colourful or patterned accent tiles as a backsplash, background, feature wall or above your bathtub can help make the whole room brighter and livelier. Tile is also often quite cost-effective, even for high-quality.
- Cabinets – Your cabinets need to be crafted to withstand the temperature and moisture levels in your bathroom. Solid cabinets can last for many years, while lower quality cabinets can peel, warp or chip over time.
- Counters – Choosing a high-quality countertop with low-maintenance is well worth it. This is particularly important if young children are going to be using the bathroom, as they will be durable to handprint and spills.
- Fixtures – There are many options available for fixtures. Select ones that match the bathroom’s theme and help tie it all together.
- Toilet – The toilet will be used frequently, so it helps to invest in a quality toilet that will last for years to come. If you select a cheap toilet, it can be poorly made and need to be replaced often.
At renoWOW!, our team works to create beautiful bathrooms that can withstand the test of time. We have over 25 years of experience doing custom renovations for homeowners and strive to provide you with the best advice and solutions for your remodel.
For more information about our bathroom renovation services in Toronto, please give us a call at 416-937-0969 or fill out our online form.
You Might Also Want to Read: