Cabinets and countertops are an essential part of a kitchen renovation project. They can help elevate the look and feel of the room without compromising on functionality. Since they are a significant part of your kitchen, it helps to know some important details before making a decision. Here is a complete guide to kitchen countertops and cabinets to ensure you get the best result.
Top Cabinet Styles for Your Kitchen Renovation
It is wise to consider your preferences, needs, and personality when choosing the cabinets for your kitchen. In addition, ensure they match the rest of your home’s style and decor. Here are some options you can consider:
The traditional option is the best if you want a timeless, classic, and elegant look for your kitchen. It involves stone or marble countertops, decorative cabinets and backsplashes, and crown mouldings with intricate details and finishing.
Clean lines and open spaces define this popular kitchen cabinet style. It involves spacious storage areas, pendant lights, frosted glass doors for cabinets, and stainless-steel appliances. It focuses on enhanced functionality and minimalism and helps to create a smooth, sleek, and uncluttered look.
The casual style is perfect if you want a charming kitchen that radiates warmth. It is an ideal combination of classic and modern elements without the nuances of a traditional kitchen.
Rustic kitchens recreate the countryside beauty with woodsy appeal and unpretentious beauty. It cleverly incorporates open shelving, grainy wooden cabinets, butcher blocks, and wood floors.
6 Best Materials for Kitchen Cabinets
- Oak – White and red oak are the most favoured cabinet materials for kitchen renovation. They are affordable, durable, strong, and stain resistant. The beautiful grainy texture makes oak a popular choice. It is available in several colours, such as shades of yellow, pink and red.
- Cherry – A natural wood with great colour, texture, and a rich sheen that lasts long. You can make your cabinets a focal point by using quality cherry wood.
- Hard Maple – A premium choice for cabinets. The mild grainy pattern and pale colours best suit traditional and casual kitchen styles. It is resistant to scratches and dents. Natural finishes and lighter stains are perfect choices as they enhance the material’s beauty.
- Plywood – Consists of compressed thin wood sheets. It is strong, water-resistant, durable, and affordable.
- Fibreboard – Made of wood fibres, it is a durable option for busy kitchens. It is easy to cut and shape.
- Particle Board – Made using compressed wood chips. It is a cost-effective and perfect choice for cabinets.
5 Most Preferred Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Marble – Has a classic and timeless appeal. It can elevate the look and feel of your kitchen effortlessly. Marble can be expensive and requires the proper upkeep to ensure it remains in good condition.
- Quartz – Made of 90% natural hard minerals with 10% polymers, resins, and pigments. It is strong and resistant to cracks, dents, and scratches. Quartz is available in various colours and designs.
- Granite – Similar in popularity to marble. Available in several shades, granite is strong, durable and can withstand heat. Proper care and precautions can help preserve the material’s lustre and sheen for years.
- Wood – A classy and budget-friendly option if you want a rustic-style kitchen. It can create a beautiful, warm look, making your kitchen the perfect place for family time.
- Laminate – Attractive and affordable. It is easy to clean and maintain, making it the best option for families with children. It is also the ideal choice if your kitchen countertop is used often.
Kitchen Cabinet Functionality
In addition to the aesthetics, it is beneficial to keep the following essential factors in mind when choosing your kitchen cabinet material:
- Consider your specific requirements in the kitchen and maximize storage.
- If the cabinets are too high to reach, install a pull-down shelf feature to avoid using chairs and stools.
- Consider a hidden pull-out cabinet below the sink for garbage and recycling.
- Use the cabinets for a spice rack, equipment storage, and more.
- Use corner cabinets wisely to avoid wastage. Revolving shelves is a popular kitchen renovation idea you can consider.
Contact Us for the Best Kitchen Renovation in Toronto
renoWOW! is a reliable kitchen renovation contractor, offering complete services with the utmost professionalism and perfection. We will listen to your needs and create a beautiful and highly functional kitchen that suits your specifications.