If it’s time to remodel your kitchen and you can’t find the right cabinets to suit your needs and style, custom cabinetry may be the way to go. There is more involved with having cabinets custom made as opposed to bought stock, and here are our tips for ensuring you get the results you’re looking for.
What to Do When Seeking Custom Cabinets
- View the Company’s Work – Contractors are proud of the work they’ve done to satisfy their clients, and will have a gallery of their projects. This is a good place to start your research as you can see what some of their completed jobs look like and determine if it’s what you’re looking for.
- Check The Warranties – Knowing the warranties on cabinets is important. Accidents happen, and cabinets may be damaged. Consult with potential contractors to learn what the material warranties are, as well as their personal workmanship warranties in the event of an issue.
- Have a Free Home Consultation – By choosing a company that offers a free home consultation, you can gain a lot of knowledge and insight about your project. They can provide accurate descriptions of the work they do in regards to your space, make suggestions based on your layout and décor, and take measurements while in the home to ensure accurate builds later in the process.
- Start with a Plan in Mind – As with any purchase, starting with a plan is vital. Even if you have a basic idea of what you’re looking for, you’ll be in a better place than going in blindly. Are you looking to replace existing cabinets, or start over completely? Do you have a theme or style in mind? Do you have any specific needs for certain cabinets, for example, a wine rack or pull out garbage bin? When you have some thoughts together, you will be able to work with the contractor to come up with the right solution for your space.
- Stay Within Your Budget – Always stay within your budget. Going over budget one thing at a time adds up quickly, and before you know it, you’ve spent much more than you set aside. Ensure you work with a contractor who respects your budget, doesn’t try to talk you into extras, offers fair prices, and won’t throw in any hidden costs at the end. Request a breakdown of expenses if needed to make sure you’re only paying what you need to be.
Count on renoWOW! for Your Kitchen Cabinet Renovation
Your kitchen is the most inviting room in your home, and it should look as beautiful as the memories you make in it. When you decide to update your cabinets, contact a professional contracting service to ensure the work is done skilfully, effectively, and correctly.
– Article written by Sam Beninato
For better knowledge, read through our following related posts: