When it comes to bathroom remodelling, most people do not realize the importance of choosing the right colours. Also, there is a common issue about bathrooms lacking natural light, which is often not addressed correctly. As a leading bathroom renovation contractor, we have put together this guide to help make your bathroom look the best.
6 Tips to Select the Right Colour for Your Bathroom
- Opt for Complementary Shades
It helps to remember that the colours that are across each other on the colour wheel always pair well together. This is because they complement perfectly. You could find the combinations that work for you when planning your bathroom remodel or go neutral with one or two accent colours.
- Use Two or Three Colours
Here are a few things you should keep in mind when choosing more than one shade for your bathroom:
- It helps to use any colour three times in the room. For instance, you could use them in the form of bathmats, towels, curtains, sink accents, and other accessories.
- If you do not want to use bold hues, you could mix two neutral shades in the ratio of 70:30.
- If you are choosing two neutrals, it helps to add some texture to enhance the look.
- Alternatively, you could select a neutral colour, bold colour, and an accent colour in the proportion of 70%, 20%, and 10%, respectively.
- Use Dark Shades
Rich colours, such as cocoa brown and navy blue, when used with white trims, look amazing. The darker shades add a modern feel to the room. If your home has contemporary finishes with clean lines, opting for darker colours will give an excellent result.
- Go Natural
Subtle shades such as beige, robin’s egg blue, light violet, and seafoam green provide a more natural feel to your bathroom. Also, they soften the hard edges of the bathroom fixtures and create a more balanced look.
- Balance It Out
The best way to add a pop of colour to your bathroom is to use colourful pieces of furniture and accessories. Using a neutral shade for the area can offset the bold colours and create a perfect look.
- Look To The Rest of Your House
It helps to look around your home and use one of the colour palettes for your bathroom. This can help you create a unified look throughout your house.
Our Experts Can Help Create a Luxurious Bathroom Experience
renoWOW! is a leading bathroom renovation contractor in Toronto offering reliable services to help create luxurious bathrooms. We have the experience, expertise, and resources to come up with creative bathroom designs that suit your requirements. We also offer custom bathroom renovation services to meet the varied needs of our clients.
If you want to renovate your bathroom and are looking for experts to help you get started, please call us at 416-937-0969. You could also fill out our online contact form to request an estimate. We’ll be happy to guide you!
- Ways to Create a Senior-Friendly Bathroom
- 6 Bathroom Renovation Tips from Professional Contractors
- How to Get Bathroom Tile Right the First Time
– Article written by Sam Beninato