In addition to enhancing the aesthetics and functionality of your home and meeting your specific needs, a bathroom renovation is an excellent investment. However, a bathroom remodel can seem overwhelming if you do not know what to expect or how to plan and undertake the project. This is because each renovation is unique and involves challenges of its own, depending on the varied needs. We’ve put together a complete guide on bathroom renovation ideas and the essentials of bathroom remodelling to help you make an informed decision.
Browse through our online brochure and RenoMark renovation guide for more information about our work.
Top Bathroom Renovation Ideas
Here are a few of the best bathroom remodelling ideas that can help you enhance the comfort, functionality, and storage capacity of your bathroom:
You’ll find that there is an infinite number of options available when it comes to bathroom floor materials. Although you need to consider aesthetics, it is best to choose the ones that can enhance your safety. This is why small, textured tiles are an excellent choice for bathroom flooring. Moreover, the extra grouting will help make the floor less slippery once it gets wet. Also, choose tiles that resist mould, stains, and humidity and are easy to clean. You can mix and match different shades and patterns to improve the visual impact and create a harmonious look.
Typically, bathrooms do not have much access to natural light, which is why most bathroom renovation contractors recommend ideas and designs that incorporate excellent lighting fixtures. Consider changing your current lighting to enhance the mood and functionality of the space. You may choose to opt for any of the following ideas:
- Add a dimmer for the main lights in your bathroom.
- Avoid full artificial light in the space.
- Ask about recessed fixtures around the cabinets and mirror to enhance the overall appeal and functionality.
- Consider incorporating lighting in the shower.
You can get more storage space in your bathroom and achieve a sleeker look by incorporating a recessed medicine cabinet. Doing so can help you save some space while ensuring your bathroom appears more organized. Moreover, the extra wall framing doesn’t typically cost much when you undertake a full bathroom renovation project.
Selective Bathroom Fixtures
According to bathroom renovation contractors, most homeowners make the mistake of adding bathroom fixtures because they feel they need to. However, it is beneficial to add features that you will be using instead of focusing only on popular trends. Be sure to choose the fixtures according to your requirements.
For your bathroom remodel, be sure to consider a toilet with the water tank mounted inside the wall. This idea can save space and enhance the appearance of your bathroom. Although it is suitable for all bathroom styles, it goes well with contemporary decor. Also, it’s a smart move that helps to increase the overall value of your home.
Bathroom Remodelling Trends & Designs
Listed below are the top trends you should know about when renovating your bathroom so you can make an informed choice:
- Consider an all-black pallet or a monochrome style
- Choose a compact design to fit everything you need
- Incorporate wood accents for a vintage look
- Use technology in the form of ultra-modern lighting fixtures, high-tech jetted showers, and more
- Incorporate artistic pieces, a statement wall, and other similar works
- Add splashes of colours for a vibrant look
- Opt for open showers if it suits your bathroom renovation idea
- Consider home-spa bathroom designs
Cost of Bathroom Renovation
The price of a bathroom remodel tends to vary significantly and depends on the following factors:
- Size and shape of the bathroom
- Materials required and their availability
- Demolition work
- Plumbing and electrical work involved
- Upgrades and bathroom fixtures you want to be incorporated
- Vanity and cabinets
- Labour hours
Hire a bathroom renovation contractor who can understand your needs and come up with the best ways to incorporate your ideas into their process. They will also provide you with an estimate for your bathroom remodel so you have an idea of how much the project will cost.
Choosing the Best Bathroom Renovation Contractors
It is best to hire a reputable bathroom remodelling contractor to ensure the best results, which you can achieve by keeping in mind the following:
- Consider your options and talk to different contractors about your renovation project.
- Review their previous work so you have an idea of their standards and what they can accomplish.
- Ask them for an estimate so that you can understand how much to budget for the renovation work.
- Inquire about the duration of the project to prepare accordingly.
- Ask them about their licenses and credentials.
- Determine whether they can work well with you and assess their professionalism and commitment towards work to see if they are the right choice for you.
Work with Us for the Best Bathroom Renovation
Whether you are looking to remodel your bathroom to boost the overall property value or ensure optimum space utilization, renoWOW! can help turn your ideas into a beautiful reality. With over two decades of experience in the field, we have the resources and expertise to meet the varied needs of our clients. Our renovation advisors and experts offer full attention to projects of all types and scales and ensure they are completed on time and within the budget. We maintain the highest standards of quality, comply with all the safety regulations, and have full Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) coverage.
In addition to bathroom remodel, we also provide services for kitchen renovations, basement remodelling, and complete home renovation as per the specifications of our clients. We will work to understand your needs and come up with ideal plans to include them in our strategies to ensure you get the desired results.
To learn more about our work, look through our online brochure and RenoMark renovation guide. If you have any questions about our bathroom renovations, feel free to reach out to us by calling 416-937-0969 or book a virtual consultation with us.